Facebook, undoubtedly is the most browsed social networking site in the entire world with more than 2.5 billion active users to date. Since its establishment, Facebook began to grow rapidly and with its increasing features it evolved out as the best, yet easy to use social network worldwide.
Looking at the immense growth of Facebook users worldwide, on November 6, 2007, the founder and CEO of the site, Mark Zuckerberg, introduced this great feature called Facebook Advertisement (often referred to as Facebook Ad). And this feature turned out to be a milestone in the world of advertisement.
Since then the site began to advertise products, services, and businesses on its Newsfeed. Today, almost every country on the planet has millions of Facebook users, including Nepal which apparently means that the Facebook Advertisement has reached a level in Nepal.
A great being had once said that everything has its own pros and cons. The same is the case with the Facebook Advertisement.
Despite the fact that advertisement is the most important thing for any business, service, and product, Facebook Ads has its own cons with its pros at its own place.
In the context of Nepal, the pros and cons of Facebook Advertisement go this way.
Do You need a Business Idea in Nepal? Read this: Need Top Emerging startup ideas of Nepal in 2020/21
Pros of Facebook Ads in Nepal
- In Nepal, where television and newspapers were dominating the advertisement market, Facebook Advertisement came as a blessing.
- The cost of advertisement charged by television and newspapers were merely high in Nepal. So the Facebook Advertisement introduced itself at low prices and slowly started dominating the advertising market.
- Facebook collects all of the user details that include age, relationship status, academic involvements, job details, and so on. The audiences up to whom the advertised items, products, or services should reach are already targeted on Facebook. That means the Ads of beard shaving cream are shown on the Facebook wall of males of certain age groups and not on that of females. Similarly, the Ads of female cosmetic items are made to reach out only to the ladies. This is indeed a great advertising feature offered by Facebook. And this is available in our country as well.
- Another great advantage of Facebook Advertisement in Nepal is that the products or services can be bought or sold online as well. Facebook users who happen to see the advertised products or services can easily order it online via call or text.
- Some Facebook Advertisements aim to provide information that benefits the users in many ways. For instance, the advertisement of any educational institution can be useful for students. Similarly, the advertisement for banks and related offers can be useful for businessmen.
- Furthermore, Facebook Advertisement can be the best medium of advertising any products or services to gain market in developing countries like Nepal.
Read This Part one Also: Pros and Cons of Facebook Ad in Nepal (Part One)
Cons of Facebook advertisement in Nepal
- Anything, if misused, can be dangerous for us. This sometimes happens with Facebook Advertisement as some of the advertisements aim to collect user’s personal data that may be misused in the future.
- Most people, especially in Nepal, still don’t believe in Facebook Advertisement thinking that the advertisement may be fake.
- Sometimes the important orders made online after watching the Ads on Facebook may not reach the customers. And also in most cases, the delivered products or services fail to meet the expectations of the customers as there happen to be differences in Ads shown and products delivered.
- Competitions are everywhere. Facebook is the most used and easily accessible social network so almost all the companies, institutions, businesses, in Nepal. They are advertising their products/services on Facebook due to which the sense of confusion about what products /services should customers accept may be developed in the users.
- Sometimes through Facebook Advertisement, the products that are not suitable to use may gain a good market. This in turn encourages the sale of low-quality products, ultimately hampering the health of people.
- Furthermore, despite delivering the good products/services the market of some companies/institutions/businesses happen to lose. Its value just because of the Facebook users passing negative comments and reviews without even using them.
Want to be a pro blogger? Read This: Most Important Tips for new Blogger in 2020
Not only in Nepal but in the entire world, the Facebook Advertisement is on-trend now. For it has lots of pros, it’s cons are often overlooked. Facebook Advertising has helped grow the market of many big to small companies worldwide including Nepal. But in some cases, it has failed to meet the expectations of some users. However, it is growing day by day worldwide.
I believe I am a learner by birth, an artist by heart, and a dreamer by vision. Academically pursuing my degree in engineering never kept me far from my passion. I love writing, speaking, innovating, and exploring the world. The journey of my life, so far, has been an awesome journey of learning and self-discovery to me wherein I have discovered myself through my works. My works (writings and public speaking, for which I have won various awards)being appreciated by people, adds more power to my life and makes me continue them all.